Re: Internet Access through RAS or VPN

  • From: "jeff hooper" <jeff.hooper@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:43:49 -0700

On the 98 authenication part, they don't type in their real usernames and
password when the start 98, because it gives them an error saying domain
not found.  These are old Sales guys who shouldn't even have computers, it
is a poor setup because it would take me 20 minutes to explain something
as simple as how to setup the info in the proxy.. Then I would get calls
when they disconnect about why can't I surf on my cable modem, and I would
have to tell them to uncheck the box..

I was just hoping their would be a solution so I didn't have to interupt
their little worlds.. As far as not being able to monitor them, we still
have the good ole boy network in place, so they don't care where they go
or what they do..  They would rather buy more bandwidth than control what
we have.  (We are currently at 3mb for internet and can go to 10 easily.)
OK, I am done griping now.  Sorry about the rant, but having come from a
real IT department the lack of control is frustrating sometimes at this
place.. (and we can't be as choosy as we once were. huh.)