RE: Interesting One!!! Re: Internet Mail

  • From: "Colin Amos" <tori65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:19:19 +1100

Stephen,

I have a couple of idea's that you may like to try, if you haven't already

1. I know this may be obvious (and you may have already done so), but is
there any entries in the ISA logs that may point to the issue at hand or the
event viewer

2. You haven't mentioned what type of OS is on the clients, I have placed an
answer to another post which talks about MTU size on Win9x clients, you
could possibly use this in conjunction with looking at the Winsock issue.
Anyway here is the link
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q297774&;
(there is a link for the download on the page)

3. You haven't mentioned any of the settings in the setup of the email
(without giving away too many trade secrets!!).  I had two email accounts on
the one PC in my setup at home (similiar to yours), I had problems with one
of the accounts and authentication, although it did not give that indication
at first.  I ended up having to place the user name in front of the mail
server ie. blah/mail.blah.com.au

4. You could set up a packet sniffer on the PC, start it just before you
start the send receive process and see if there are any indications from
there

Just some rambling thoughts that may help, and of course I would be
interested to know once you solved it how you did it.

Regards
Colin Amos