Interesting One!!! Re: Internet Mail

  • From: "Stephen Stack" <stacky@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:38:31 -0700

HI,

I am having a problem getting a client on my network to connect to an
internet mail server.
The situation is like this.
SBS running ISA. 3 clients using the server as a file and internet server.
The company has it's own domain name. 2 of the three clients have no
difficulties connecting to the internet mail server for their mail. But
the last just won't connect to the mail server.
I have tried A new pc, A fresh install of windows and a reinstall of ISA.
The Client has internet connectivity via ISA. I have tried a differnet
email address (ie My own), this will not connect either. The email address
in question will work on the other clients. I am using Outlook express 5.
I tried upgrading to 6. But the same prob occurred.
I have tried the MS kb to no avail on any fixes, I have seen possibly one
solution on this site regarding Winsock which I may try tommorow but I am
not convinced this will work. It is not a network prob as the other
amchines are working fine on the same network point.

Please help!!!!! I am stumped

cheers Stephen