ISA/VPN NLB on Win2003

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:22:04 -0500

Hey guys,

I just had to share my joy. Multiple ISA firewalls running on Win2003
using NLB. PPTP and L2TP/IPSec -- SWEET and it works with WinXP SP1 and
allow the other VPN clients that had a problem with the reponses coming
from the "wrong" IP address.

Next step is to check it out in VPN gateway to gateway mode. Two VPN
gateways at the local site, two VPN gateways at the remote site. See if
fail over works smoothly.

One downside -- I still have to create the arrays the old way, the NLB
Manager is a bit "flakey" for want of a better term and leads to more
stress and strain then required. Create the NLB arrays the old fashioned
way, no problem, and everything works. :-)  I'd be happy to hear from
anyone who's had a good experience with the Win2003 NLB Manager 'cause
its always good to hear from the other side, and maybe I can learn a
thing or two!

HTH<
Tom

Thomas W Shinder