[isalist] Re: ISA VPN Problem From Single Location

  • From: Mike Carlson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:07:00 -0600

Nothing really in Event Viewer. The only thing is a warning:

The description for Event ID ( 5050 ) in Source ( IAS ) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL
files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the
/AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event:

I am not 100% sure that is from the VPN attempt. I had to run to the office to
try to connect. I cleared Event Viewer before I left, though and thats all that
was in there when I got back.

I forgot to start the logging on ISA before I left so I dont have that.

The error on the client side is just a time out since the computer didnt
respond.

Its using PPTP.

--Mike