[isalist] ISA VPN Problem From Single Location

  • From: Mike Carlson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:38:00 -0600

I am trying to isolate a problem with establishing a VPN from one of my clients
location to my home network that is using ISA 2006.

Client site is a Linksys wrt54g v5 wireless router going into the DSL modem
that is in bridged mode.

From the clients site I can:

Establish a PPTP VPN (pptp) to a different location that uses a Contivity for a
VPN end point.

Establish a VPN to another location (l2tp), not sure about the end point.

SoI assume that the router is passing everything correctly.

I can establish a VPN connection to my house from everywhere I have tried
except from this one clients site. It connects and then hangs verifying user
info.

Where do I go to look to see what the problem is?

My DSL modem at home gets a 192.168.7.x address from my ISP. My home network is
192.168.11.x this client's site is 192.168.1.x. So it shouldnt be a subnet
issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Mike