ISA Reboots Periodically ( thanks!! )

  • From: "Mike-TechniSource" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:33:12 -0500

Hello All,

Just a blanket statement - saying Thank You to all that jumped on board
with this thread.

I had no idea I was going to get such a wonderful response from
everyone.  I feel a LOT better now knowing that I am suggesting the
right solution to my clients.

At my present Client Site, it took a lot of convincing to kick out UNIX,
and get MS products in the door over there.  I staked my reputation on
the entire thing, and it was really bumming me out, that ISA was not
performing up to specs.

Hey real quick - what is the criteria, under the Properties of "My
Computer" - and then "Advanced" -> "Startup and Recovery" regarding the
Server rebooting itself, and writing to the system log, after an
exception occurs?

Since then, I turned that option off, and the Server still has not
rebooted yet - and everything is still running perfectly.  I am still
replacing the RAM when I get a chance - but I am just curious, when the
reboot gets initiated - if anything really bad needs to happen - or if
it can't be recovered from if simply ignored....

Thanks again,

Mike