RE: ISA Backup

  • From: "Kenneth Ta" <kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:11:31 +0800

Armando,

You have two choices.  If you have an intermediate router, assign both
ISAs as the default gateway.  Then have your clients point their default
gateway to the intermediate router.  This works using a concept called
Dead Gateway Detection.  If one gateway fails, the router will
automatically switch over to the next default gateway on the list.

This also works if you assign two gateways on the client end.  However,
each client will switch over individually when it detects a dead
gateway.

My recommendation is to use the first option.  It's much cleaner and
does not require modifying the client desktop other than changing the
default gateway to point to an intermediate router.