[isalist] Re: ISA 2004 web proxy authentication

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:11:48 -0700

It has nothing to do with HTTP vs. HTTPS.

If the Web client issues a request to ISA, and you define authentication as
a requirement, then the client has to satisfy that requirement.

You can't get authentication without denying the initial anonymous request.

The only way to tell what is failing or working is to compare the logs
against a netcap for a specific test.

You can't do this for old events unless you're continually capturing network
traffic at the ISA itself.