[isalist] Re: Filtering URLs with TMG

  • From: D PIETRUSZKA USWRN INTERLINK INFRA SHIFT MGR <DPietruszka@xxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:33:43 -0400

I finally got it working, I was having some kind of weird issue with the
automatic script configuration on IE.

My TMG clients were configuring IE with the proxy information and also was
assigning a script configuration.
For some weird reason (I couldn't have an answer from Microsoft on the case I
opened on why), but when the script was configured on IE, some of the HTTPS
connections were reaching the TMG server as a proxy traffic, so TMG was seeing
IP addresses instead of URLs, so there was no way for it to block or allow.
Most of that traffic was HTTPS redirections (for example after you login on a
secure site).

As soon as I removed the automatic script option (meaning the client is no
longer assigning a script to IE), things started working just fine.

That is pretty cool, but I have no idea why the above happened. I just can say
it happened.

Regards
Diego R. Pietruszka