RE: ISA 2004 and RRAS

  • From: "Bogdan Florin" <florinb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:57:03 +0200

Thank you for getting involved. Very simple. I need that immediately
after computer bootup a VPN Conection to be automaticaly established
with some VPN Servers.

In RRAS, a VPN Connection it have 2 Connection Type: Demand Dial or
Persisntent Connection !

Demand Dial it means that the VPN will be esatblished after MANUAL
Intervention !

Persistent Connection it meand that VPN Will be iestablished imdiatly
after computer boot AUTOMATICALY ! without user intervention !

I spend 1 week time with ISA 2004 and I was unable to setup a VPN Link
to be Persistent connection ! and if it is Demand Dial .. than it
require manual intervention and this is not good at all !

Morover, in ISA 2004 when I setup VPN .. I;m unable to setup that the
Computer Default Gateway to be based on the VPN link. I want that after
VPN Corectly Established the Defautl gateway to be changed ! Well... I'm
unable to do this in ISA VPN Settings.

Any help it will be welcome. My enviroment it is clear: I need on the
same machine

-          windows 2003=20

-          isa 2004

-          RRAS setup to make a VPN link with Persistent Connection

-          Default gateway pointed to VPN link

Yours sincerely,

Bogdan Florin
manager
InterNetCon - Satellite Internet Services
www.internetcon.ro <http://www.internetcon.ro>  www.powersat.ro
<http://www.powersat.ro>
phone: +40-264-452383
gsm: +40-740-074031