[isalist] IE Proxy settings vs. ISA FWC

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:35:16 -0400

Up to date WinXP Pro install and ISA 2004 SP1 on Win2003 SP1... all HTTP and
HTTPS connects are restricted to a specific AD group.

A new app that we are testing on the client connects through HTTP/S and does
not work via IE's web proxy settings. Of course, when we disable the IE
proxy settings and enable the FWC (Firewall Client) the app works fine.

Long-term, if we cannot convince the vendor to fix their app, what are the
pros and cons of disabling IE's proxy settings and using the FWC as sole
interface to authenticate against the ISA proxy/firewall.

Thanks,

...D