Has anyone ever done that...

  • From: Tom Mendelboim <tomerm1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:00:41 -0400

Hello all,

I have an interesting scenario that I?ve never done before and wonder if anyone
knows about it?

The ISA currently has 2 NIC?s. One outside, one inside and everything is
working perfectly.  The company is moving from a slow DSL connection to a cable
modem and I need to keep both up until Internic gets updated with new IP?s.
I?m thinking of setting up another NIC and connect it to the cable modem. I
will receive DHCP IP (A permanent one, they said?) from the cable company and
therefore will have two Internet connections? My questions are:

1.      Will this work..??
2.      Can I still publish on either one of the NIC?s?
3.      Which connection it will pick when traffic is going out?

Thank you all,