Hard Disk Fault Tolerance

  • From: Armando Treviño López <armando.trevino@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:17:39 -0600

Hi, I had installed ISA in a server configured in Mirrored Volumes Hard
Drives.
I have read in Tom's book that it is better to use RAID 5 Volumes, this
because the access to the cache drive is faster, because it doesn't have to
write in two drives the same information.
Recently I have noted a slower access to Internet in my clients, although I
have incremented the percentage of RAM used for cache.
Do you think that I will get a better performance if I reinstall the hole
server, this time in a RAID 5 volume? or is there another way to solve this
without reinstalling the hole system?

Thanks.

Armando Treviño L.