RE: HTML-formatted mails to the list

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:20:19 +0100

Jim,

That just means your filter isn't configured properly. If it's a good
Bayesian filter, then you should be able to train it to tell the
difference between legit HTML email and spam/scam HTML email. Mine works
just fine.

Whether or not someone uses HTML email is up to them.

Having said that though, its bad etiquette to send HTML email to a
person, or group of people, who is/are likely to have a problem with it.
Though anyone who does so is more likely to be ignorant of the
difference between HTML and plain text, than maliciously trying to mess
up your spam filter.