Getting through the external address

  • From: "Mary Hagen" <mhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:16:15 -0600

We a ISA server configured in firewall mode sitting on our private
network.

We have a Nokia appliance with Checkpoint firewall software running on it.

The Nokia appliance with Checkpoint firewall software sits betwen the ISA
server and the Internet.

The ISA server is configured with two NIC cards on two different subnets.
        The internal ip address is routable in our network.
        The external ip address is not.

The Nokia appliance is configured with 3 interfaces.
        One interface is plugged into the same switch that the external ip
address of the ISA server is on so it is on the same subnet as the
external interface of the ISA server.
        One interface is configured with a public ip address and sits on the
internet
        The third interface is our DMZ server and has a mail relay server
sitting
off of it.

I need to setup the ISA server to allow inbound accss from the mail relay
server through its external nic into our internal network.

I have tried several different scenerios using packet filters and
publishing internal servers but I still show any access as being blocked
in the packet filtering logs.

I need to understand if this can be done?