Dialup and server publishing (again)

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:39:59 +0200

I am still having issues with my server (and web) publishing. I use a
PPPoE dial-up connection to get online.

I used to have Jim's old script running which ran fine but produced an
error with publishing every now and then. Since this is my home setup I
didn't pay too much attention until recently I had to work with OWA and
some other service wich I really would like to have published reliably.
I don't want to mess around with checking Ips and manually starting the
resetsrvpubrules.

A KB research turned up the article about ISA not reliably catching the
NetworkConfigurationChanged alerts (actually a fix delivered with SP1).
Plus I thought it to bea good idea to see if there was a new version of
the script. Well there was, and as I took a closer look I found out that
now it only supports DCHP enabled interfaces - a setting which curiously
doesn't apply to DUN connectoids.

I modified the script by adding the query string "...where
Description='WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface' and IPEnabled='true'", which
seems to work fine but still there's the problem with publishing. There
used to be a short how-to explaining how to configure the alert, but
it's no longer included in the script archive. I set the conditions to
trigger after 2 recurring events and to 'immedialety' (this is from
memory so the problem may be here).

I think this is primarily for Jim, but has any of you implemented a
similar setup successfully??

Thanks,
Mark