RE: Firewall dropping packets from some machines

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:03:56 -0600

So I found the problem (which illustrates that I didn't know as much as
I thought I did of ISA 2000).
The problem was the ports I was using (For example, SSH 22 TCP Outbound)
was not listed in the protocol definitions.
I merely assumed (ok, lesson learned there -- being in the support field
for a while I should have known better) that having a protocol rule of
'all ip traffic' allowed would just work. I was wrong (or either have my
firewall misconfigured).
For some reason I also found a few dupes (such as FTP) -- so I cleaned
those out as well.
I thought I would post to the list and let everyone know what my issue
was, incase someone else runs across this.

Have a great day and thanks for the help!

Kenny