Re: Firewall Clients

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:47:39 -0800

Make sure name resolution for NetBIOS names is solid.
Pre-W2K operating systems used NetBIOS name resolution before DNS, and this
makes them a bit flaky.
You can also change the server name in the FW client settings to use the IP
address instead of the ISA server name to avoid name resolution issues
completely.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver