RE: FWX_E_TCP_NOT_SYN_PACKET_Dropped

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:21:34 -0700

You can setup different types of ping with "ping" you know.

ping yourmachine -t -l 1500 -f
ping yourmachine -t -l 1440 -f
These will help you determine if your MTU is too large or making it
Though routers.  It is my understanding that if one segment requires
Lets say 1000 then all segments will be set to 1000 and then you
Will have various packet fragments being split up.

ping /?

Usage: ping [-t] [-a] [-n count] [-l size] [-f] [-i TTL] [-v TOS]
            [-r count] [-s count] [[-j host-list] | [-k host-list]]
            [-w timeout] destination-list

    -t             Ping the specified host until stopped.
                   To see statistics and continue - type Control-Break;
                   To stop - type Control-C.
    -a             Resolve addresses to hostnames.
    -n count       Number of echo requests to send.
    -l size        Send buffer size.
    -f             Set Don't Fragment flag in packet.
    -i TTL         Time To Live.
    -v TOS         Type Of Service.
    -r count       Record route for count hops.
    -s count       Timestamp for count hops.
    -j host-list   Loose source route along host-list.
    -k host-list   Strict source route along host-list.
    -w timeout     Timeout in milliseconds to wait for each reply.

Thank you,
Joseph