RE: [ExchangeList & ISAList--sorry for crosspost] Permissions when forwarding contact to external recepient.

  • From: "Diane Poremsky" <drcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:44:54 -0500

What is happening when you attempt to forward? Is it failing completely, is
message going out with the contact data in the message body or are you
sending a winmail.dat? Does Forward as vCard on the Actions menu work?

If the contact data is in the message body or an empty message gets sent,
it's a TNEF issue. You need to send contacts forms as RTF - this is set for
the recipient in Outlook (double click on address in To field) and is also
set server side, to prevent RTF mail to internet addresses. Look in the
global settings section of the exchange system manger.

Winmail.dat is caused by sending RTF to non-Outlook users.

Forwarding as vCards should fix either problem.