[isalist] Re: Error browsing

  • From: "D PIETRUSZKA USWRN INTERLINK INFRA ASST MGR" <DPietruszka@xxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:20:34 -0400

Firewall client 2004

Regards

Diego R. Pietruszka

________________________________

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Thomas W Shinder
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:10 PM
To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [isalist] Re: Error browsing

What is a "proxy client"?

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

________________________________

        From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of D PIETRUSZKA USWRN
INTERLINK INFRA ASST MGR
        Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:59 PM
        To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [isalist] Error browsing

        Hello list

        I'm experiencing some issues with some users and I was wondering
if some of you an idea of what is happening.

        We had IE configure manually to use a proxy server, then we
removed the manual configuration to install the proxy client (in the
client we manually included the proxy name, is not on auto detect), the
proxy never changed it is always the same server.

        But since we install the proxy client, the users have problems
browsing.

        For example, when they click on a link they received the message
"The page can not be found", but if you cut and paste the link on a new
IE, everything works fine. In the same way, some images are not
displayed, but if you paste on a new IE the link to the image, then it
is displayed.

        Any clue somebody?

        Thanks

        Regards