Deploying ISA 2004 firewall client - how to enforce?

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:48:49 +0100

Hi Chaps,

Is there a best practice for deploying the ISA 2004 firewall client? I
haven't found much on the net about this...

Environment: Windows 2003 Servers, Native mode, Domain, Windows XP
clients. MSFWC.msi assigned to the relevant machines through GPO (it
installs fine but the use of the FWC isn't enforced!)

From what I've gathered so far, it appears that you just can't configure
and enforce the use of of the Firewall Client using group policy. This
can't be the case, surely? I can't see how the users can be prevented
from just disabling or reconfiguring the firewall client themselves. Am
I missing something here?

Please help!

Cheers,

Jason