RE: Deny Intranet Root but allow Sub-Pages.

  • From: Daniel Chaveco <danielchaveco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

OK Tom.  Now that I've got my original question answered, as a follow up
question: we also have a secure root HTTPS://home.mycompany.com.  How do I
block access to this using ISA? I cannot create a rule to block this, as it
will not accept http or https in the destination field...

-DC

Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Daniel,

My wife is a genius. I'm an average guy who just sits at his desk twice a long
:-)

Give those users access to the subdirectories they need access too using a
Destination Set. The Destination Set includes the subdirectories, but not the
root. Sort of like:

/exchange*
/exchweb*
/public*

This vererable Exchange Destination Set does not allow the client access to the
Root of the Web, as you've probably noticed already when trying to get to the
root of the OWA site. Just do the same for your Web.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder