RE: Deny Intranet Root but allow Sub-Pages.

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:49:27 -0500

Hi Daniel,

My wife is a genius. I'm an average guy who just sits at his desk twice
a long :-)

Give those users access to the subdirectories they need access too using
a Destination Set. The Destination Set includes the subdirectories, but
not the root. Sort of like:

/exchange*
/exchweb*
/public*

This vererable Exchange Destination Set does not allow the client access
to the Root of the Web, as you've probably noticed already when trying
to get to the root of the OWA site. Just do the same for your Web.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
<http://tinyurl.com/1llp>