Re: Botched Setup based on W3k server / ISA 2004

  • From: "Glenn" <glenn.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 02:29:55 -0700

Yep, agree 100% with everything you say, but as I didn't even known this
company existed before Monday morning, and I have had no dealings with
them. I only became involved as the MD's secretary is married to a fellow
at another company I do support work for. Hence, I do need to tread a
little carefully, these people are accounts, and business people, not
computer literate, and as yet, don't fully trust me.

They have had a very bad experience, and now are suspicious of any thing
and everything 'computers'.

I think the prior admin, may have taken the disks with him, I have
requested they make contact with him to check. However, this instantly
raised the 'NO REINSTALL IS TO BE PERFORMED' comment, yet again.

And yes, the ISA server is a domain controller, I had to look 3 times to
make sure I was right, but yes, the dual nic'ed ISA server is also a
domain controller.