RE: Back 2 Back

  • From: "Goktug Yildirim" <yildirim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:50:18 +0200

I have read that article too. I have a port list that is to be opened.
Also I guessed that I must use server publishing rules.
But there is a point here that I do not have any idea. How to manage the
DNS records? How can I use my internal DNS server? Of course by
publishing it. However if you publish DNS and DMZ server asks for any DC
record it will get an internal IP like 192.168.4.2 and because ISA can
not ( I guess so) route back ( from DMZ to internal) DMZ server can not
access internal DC.
At this point I think I fool the DMZ server by using an DMZ DNS server
and manually configuring all related records. But this is not a solution
if you have much record to add.
I hope there is a more flexible solution then publishing each of the
related ports and manually configuring dns records.