Avoid DNS

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <Amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:45:54 -0500

How can I configure the ISA server not to use DNS to look up the ip
address of a particular domain name?

Here is the situation. The website is being updated. The old website is
still online at www.ourcompany.com <http://www.ourcompany.com/> . The
new website is under construction and being housed on another server.
Users need to be able to type www.ourcompany.com
<http://www.ourcompany.com/>  and get to the under construction website
not the old website being used by clients.

Before ISA server I could simply add (newIP address) www.ourcompany.com
<http://www.ourcompany.com/>  to the host file of the workstation. But
now the workstation doesn't go to its host file to resolve names it uses
the DNS on our ISA server. Both website locations are off-site. How can
I specify the IP address of my domain so that the workstations will look
only at the under construction location and not the one in DNS?

Amy