Re: APIPA is used instead DHCP for VPN users by ISA server 2004

  • From: "Norbert Horvath" <horvath.norbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 05:39:04 -0700

Homework is done :-)

I found a lot DHCP request broadcasts which has been Denied the Connection
by the Default rule from the internal network targeting the local host
(ISA 2K4). AND netbios broadcasts with the same results. These are OK i
think.

On the internal network a hardware based DHCP is running (a router). This
can handle the Internal IP requests.
The netbios name service is used also by several hosts, that is irrelevant
too.

I want my DHCP installed on the ISA Server to supply IPs for VPN users
only to use the benefits of scope options.

The strange is that the DHCP scope does not have leases assigned to the
RRAS server. So VPN clients cannot get IPs from the defined scope.

How could I resolve this?