[interfacekit] Re: GraphicsDefs.h addition

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:12:49 +0100 CET

"Stefano Ceccherini" <burton666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, I don't have any objection, especially because these methods
> are inline.
> Only a doubt:
>
> Tracker defines those functions here:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/opentracker/opentracker/tracker/Utilities.h?rev=1.3&;>
>
> > view=markup
>
> ******************
> // Now is in kits
> #if B_BEOS_VERSION <= B_BEOS_VERSION_MAUI
>
> // Should be in kits
> bool operator==(const rgb_color &, const rgb_color &);
> bool operator!=(const rgb_color &, const rgb_color &);
>
> #endif
>
> ******************
>
> So I guess we'll need to change it as well, or change our version to
> > MAUI, or
> we'll break source compatibility.
> Not a big issue anyway, but other applications could define those
> methods as
> tracker does (I think Vision's ColumnListView has these kind of
> defines as well,
> for example).

Good point, although in that particular case it won't hurt at all. The
Tracker version overrides the global operator ==, not the one of struct
rgb_color, so they both can exist at the same time without troubles.
And in the special case of Tracker, we will have to do lots of
adaptions there anyway (just consider the private device API which will
be completely different in Haiku).

Bye,
   Axel.