[interfacekit] Re: GraphicsDefs.h addition

  • From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <burton666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "interfacekit" <interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:18:15 +0100

Hi,

> As you might have realized, this extends rgb_color. Similar (and more)
> is done in Dano, but I think this is the minimum must have. A SetTo()
> method would be great, too, but for unknown reasons it has been called
> set_to() in Dano, so I wanted to hear your comments first. Since it's
> defined inline anyway, I think we can safely rename it too SetTo()/
> Set() without too much annoyance - I never liked Set() because it's
> mostly SetTo() elsewhere, but with regard to graphics, Set() seems to
> be used consistently as well.

Well, I don't have any objection, especially because these methods are inline.
Only a doubt:

Tracker defines those functions here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/opentracker/opentracker/tracker/Utilities.h?rev=1.3&view=markup

******************
// Now is in kits
#if B_BEOS_VERSION <= B_BEOS_VERSION_MAUI

// Should be in kits
bool operator==(const rgb_color &, const rgb_color &);
bool operator!=(const rgb_color &, const rgb_color &);

#endif

So I guess we'll need to change it as well, or change our version to > MAUI, or
we'll break source compatibility.
Not a big issue anyway, but other applications could define those methods as
tracker does (I think Vision's ColumnListView has these kind of defines as well,
for example).

Libero ADSL: 3 mesi gratis e navighi a 1.2 Mega. E poi hai l'Adsl senza limiti
a meno di 1 euro al giorno.
Abbonati subito senza costi di attivazione su http://www.libero.it