[insightsa] more information re the cycling issues.

  • From: "Fay" <fiffyfay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <insightsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:23:52 +1030

Good morning to all
on InsightSA, and all
Service Providers

Last night, on 5 rph if anyone heard the interview with the pedestrian council
of australia on the focal point programme.
it was stated that in victoria, they had changed their laws over there, and a
perfect example of that, a person was hit by a cyclist and killed, the laws
over there, from what I heard, now, include a 66,000 fine, plus,----- plus, 5
years in Jail. (the five years in Jail, JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!.)

our laws here are like dishwater, but you all know this current state
government, without having to say anymore to it

in my opinion, when someone has killed another person, the offending party
should, be made, and FORCED!, to do, all that a decent individual would
naturally go out of their way to do.
what I'm looking for here, in thsi state, is the following

1, that anyone who gets hit by a cyclist, must, ensure that the person
affected, gets helped, whehter with meedical assistance or otherwise, just
help them to whatever way you can possible. doing as I said before what any
decent individual would do anyway
2. where a person has been hit by a cyclist, to the point of having been
killed, that peron, must be locked away, in jail FOR THE REST OF THEIR NATURAL
LIFE!. for too long now we've seen too many innocent people getting knocked
over and killed, the government complains about the high numbers of people
dying on our roads, police are always telling people to slow down, you all know
the stuff. the government can spend huge dollars talking about one thing or
another, and so on, but when a life has been taken, by some idiotic
individual, who should know better, that, in my books deserves an indefinate
life sentence, no matter what!.

Elina, I got your phone message last night, and phoned you earlier this
morning, and, it's a big YES!, that's ok with me. I'm glad to be able to come
out with you, for this, my first deputation ever, and I thank you very much for
the honour and privellege of being a part of this endeavour.
I received an e-mail from our member here in Dana Wortley, who is the member
for our electorate, which is torrens to which I'm happy to forward to the list,
and any further correspondence I receive from her down the track, I'm happy to
send on to all of you, together with having another shot with Mr. Mulligan.
congratulations to you David Squirrel, well done with Leon Byner on your
interview yesterday

Today as with each year, the 15th of October is known as international white
cane safety day, and I say to the fully sighted community at large, if you see
anyone,who you think might be in a position that they can't get out of, ask
them, give them the help they need, and if they refuse your offer, there might
be a reason behind it, one reason being that the person may already have a way
of doing whatever the task may be, that they want to do.
sorry for the lengthy note, but this is too important to be ignored, for the
safety of everyone else
Yours Faithfully
Fay.