[insightsa] The new Cycling Laws

  • From: "Fay" <fiffyfay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <insightsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 21:39:20 +1030

To all members of
InsightSA, and service providers

As most will know that the cycling laws will be comming in on the 25th of
October 2015
we all know what the consequences will be as a result of that
Some years ago while I was working at the rsb factory at Gilles Plains, myslf,
and another work colleague at the time, were walking down blacks road on the
footpath, when we were both knocked down by a cyclist, and when the news of our
incident got around all over the place, the welfare officer at the time, made
contact with the police to arrange for a police officer to monitor that corner
of the area.
another incident happened with me a few years later, when on this occasion, I
was walking up the north east rd, on the footpath, and having been hit by a
car, thankfully I was ok, but somewhat shaken up, I was told by the police
after I contacted them, that I had to make a statement which I did, but found
it quite frightening, as I've never had anything to do with the law before, and
I wasn't able to do it over the phone, for I was told that I had to go and do
it in person, and my first recollection of going into the police station, I was
indeed horrified!
I'd like to know what the service providers are doing regarding this matter,
and I encourage you all to get stuck into the government before it's too late
Yours Faithfully
Fay