[infoshare] Re: touchtour at theReuben Museum

  • From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:37:56 -0400

Dear Lucia,

First, touch tours are set up so that those visually impaired people who
wish to attend may do so in an environment in which it will be easier for us
to have more time and attention to our questions, Etc., regarding the art on
display.

Secondly, Sighted folks are not allowed to touch the art because they have
20/20 vision and therefore do not need to do so.  We, on the otherhand, rely
on the sense of touch to better understand the intricacies of what is being
described , and the descriptive help of museum educators helps us to better
conceptualize pictures, statues, Etc.

Sincerely,

Maria

  _____