[infoage-board] Re: Fw: 2012 NJ Teacher Expos!

  • From: "Ray Chase" <raydio862@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <infoage-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:06:50 -0400

InfoAgers:
In my humble opinion I do not believe that we would accomplish anything by
attending unless we have a formal written educational prospectus to present to
them.  We have in the past created several parts of an educational program but
have never put a total plan together that attempts to meet NJ educational
standards.  I would suspect that educators are not unlike other potential
professional customers who would be more impressed with a formal tender of a
program; one that would be constructed in a framework that they would be
familiar with and would meet standards that they, we assume, are used to
working with.  Harry K. investigated and obtained such standards but we did not
build anything around them.  How to move forward?  We have I suppose a BOT
designated education position/committee.  We have within our membership some
retired teachers and interested parties who if organized as a group might be
able to create such a program.  Another approach would be to engage a
professional educational planner to look at what we currently have to offer and
formulate a presentable program.  I know, I know, it will cost quite a few
bucks.  So as I see it, we muddle along and hope some educators see value in
what we have or pay the bucks to have someone do it for us or pull an
interested group/committee together and get it done ourselves.  No sense
spending the money to go to this affair with nothing concrete to offer.  Again
just my opinion.
Ray