[impression-x] Draw text missing in Postscript output

  • From: Jim Nagel <jim-imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: impression-x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 17:57:36 +0100

Philip Foster <philip.foster17@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 23 May:
>> Another glitch in old Impression (Pro) was that if you used a
>> Postscript driver either to print or make a PS file to convert to PDF,
>> if there was text in a Draw file in the document it wouldn't print the
>> text. (trick was to 'convert to path') but then you lost font data if
>> you wanted to edit the Draw file later.

I think this wasn't an Impression glitch, but rather a Postscript one.
The PS3 driver (by Martin Wuerthner and John Tytgat, ?2009) cured this
problem, along with many many others.  Furthermore, it's much much
faster than the buggy old Acorn PS2 driver, which dates from 1995 or
before.  And the resulting files are much smaller, and therefore
transmit to the printer in less time.  I wouldn't be without PS3.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk