[igniteball] PRSC update

  • From: Samantha Cobb <samanthacobb90@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:39:55 +0930

Hi Jacinta,

1) From each club I need an update of ticket sales by THIS Friday. I'll then
follow this up next week before Wednesday.

PRSC has confirmed ticket sales of 16-will give you another update Friday.

2) I also want to know the likelihood of the clubs selling tickets next week.
If not likely, I need all the money, sign up sheets and left over tickets
returned to me by Friday arvo.

I doubt we will sell more tickets to the public (non-members) after the end of
this week as we have been promoting that Ignite ticket sales through us will
cease on Friday. However, committee members are a bit slow in buying tickets
even though a few are definitely coming. Therefore, can we hand money/sign up
sheets and remaining tickets to you next week sometime?

We're doing our best to promote the ball-I've been talking about it in every
one of my classes and reminder emails have been going out to all our members
fairly regularly. Being honest those attending the ball are predominantly
engineering students and it is hard to convince business students of a purpose
to mingle and spend a night with students they don't know so I think this is a
contributing factor to our low ticket sales. In addition, everyone is
complaining they're broke so that's no helping things-as we mentioned in our
meeting last week. However, we're staying positive and will do as best we can!

Samantha Cobb
Work Experience Coordinator
Curtin Public Relations Student Chapter

m: 0438 951 531 | e: samanthacobb90@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:00:57 +0800
Subject: [igniteball] Challenge Quote change...
From: jacintakingdon@xxxxxxxxx
To: igniteball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heya,

Just spoke to Joseph.

Basically, we're extremely unlikely to sell 600 tickets, we'd be pushing
450-500 at this stage unless sales pick up this week. This means that the quote
Challenge provided to us is void, and requires to be recosted. Joseph mentioned
that this may be around a max of $10 extra per head. Ouch. I've played with
numbers a bit, and the CEC should have enough back-up money to afford this
extra cost with making any changes to what we had already planned. Fingers
crossed.

Joseph has also said we NEED to provide a final number by WEDNESDAY before the
ball. He also said they'd cater for 20 over this number as a safety net.

So, what I need from everyone is this:

1) From each club I need an update of ticket sales by THIS Friday. I'll then
follow this up next week before Wednesday.
2) I also want to know the likelihood of the clubs selling tickets next week.
If not likely, I need all the money, sign up sheets and left over tickets
returned to me by Friday arvo.
3) SELL LOTS OF TICKETS! We've only got a week and a half left and over 200
tickets left! The more we can sell, the better off we will be.

Please please please keep in contact with me. I need PRSC and EBC support with
this.

Jacinta