[PCB_FORUM] Re: shape error - help needed URGENT

  • From: Sumathi Kuppuswamy <sumathi_ramana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 04:24:06 +0100 (BST)

Hi Kevin,

We need to enable the display of Boundary in stackup for that particular layer.
Then the shape outline was visible. This was the solution given by experts.
My problem was solved.

regards
Sumathi

Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did you find the solution?
If so, could you please share it with us?
I have had many (well, a few) problems with
shapes and any time I can know a potential
solution I know I want to.

Thanks,
TSI Telsys

Sumathi Kuppuswamy wrote:
> Thanks a lot to every one who responded.
> Sumathi.
>
> */sjcharles@xxxxxxx/* wrote:
>
> turn on boundry layer and see if you have shape out lines there.
> Sam
> >
> > From: Sumathi Kuppuswamy
> > Date: 2005/06/04 Sat AM 07:54:04 EDT
> > To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [PCB_FORUM] shape error - help needed URGENT
> >
> > Experts,
> >
> > I face a different shape error in SPB15.2. It goes like this.
> > I have a brd file, changed the plane layers to negative which
> were initially positive.
> > When I try to generate Gerber files, it says the error as
> >
> > "Dynamic shapes are out of date. Please update them.Check for out
> of date shapes in setup drawing options dialog"
> >
> > The Artwork Control Film window also shows that "Dynamic shapes
> need updating" above the create art work button.
> >
> > I deleted all the shapes in all layers to find out whi ch is
> giving this error.
> > After that, the shape report says that still there is a shape in
> "POWER" layer which is layer no. 7. But no shape is visible.
> >
> > The shape report also says the extents of the shape as 3357,
> 2115, to 3390, 2136 and warns as "No Etch shapes".
> >
> > This is the first time I face this kind of error.
> >
> > Can somebody please help me. My schedule is getting delayed
> because of this error.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Sumathi

> To view the archives of this list please login at
> //www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
> or go to //www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/
>
> Problems or Questions:
> Send an email to icu-pcb-forum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE!
> Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.
>
> SUBSCRIBE: icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
> POST: icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE!

SUBSCRIBE: icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
POST: icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends n family photos for
FREE with Yahoo! Photos.
 http://in.photos.yahoo.com