[PCB_FORUM] Re: searching cadence docs

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:41:29 -0400

Join the crowd. Well, at least that's how I feel.
I have never gotten the hang of using the help either.
Maybe try the google toolbar and search the docs using it.
I haven't tried this but I have heard that it will
search within docs.
As far as using Firefox, I tried this some time ago also
and was, as were you, unsuccessful. Maybe you could make a
copy of it and rename it to Netscape and see if that works.
After all, all it needs to do is render the pages.

Let us know if you are successful at solving either of
these annoying "features".

TSI Telsys

Eric Hufstedler wrote:
Every year or so I try to figure out how to make cdsdoc be more useful, but
never seem to figure it out.

Is there any way to search cdsdoc (or even sourcelink for that matter) so
that you see the text near the term you searched for?  (IE much like the way
google or other internet search engines display the results).  I'm surprised
that after all this time, the search results are still just "what chapter
contains this word"  instead of "what paragraphs contains this word, and
here are the words around it".

Or, is there an index for the user guide (and other documents) ?  That's one
area where windows is pretty good: the find/search features in the
"standard" help routines.

Also, has any one figured out how to make firefox the default browser?  It
works: I can open up the help pages in it, use search, etc, but cdsdoc only
has netscape and internet exploder as choices.

Thanks for the help on 'help'  :)

Eric

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.