[PCB_FORUM] Re: ref des problem while merging portions of mul tipl e schematics (Concept)

  • From: gnieski_mike@xxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:47:00 -0500

        Mark,

        If you export a sub-drawing it's a copy of components and etch into
one file.
        You have the choice of preserving ref des's into the clip file or
not. It's a
        way of doing in one step what you do in two separate steps. If you
use a temp
        group it gives you the ability to select certain etch and components
that you
        want to preserve. You can then import the sub-design into a
different board.
        even edit the sub-drawing file if you wish to change ref des's. Look
under file->import
        and file ->export for this command.

        Mike