[PCB_FORUM] Re: pad stack

  • From: "richard moffat" <richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:27:00 +1200

I've seen pictures during a seminar of screws or pems that punctured the
outer copper to the inner copper.   This caused a short to a signal that
was directly below the screw.  On a multilayer board, don't forget it's
probably only a thin prepreg isolating the two coppers.

We keep the 2nd (or even 3rd) layer pad the same size as the outer.

>>> <SjChar3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 6/07/2006 6:33 a.m. >>>
group: Is there any harm in building a smaller pad on internal layer? I
have 200 pad with 90 drill and would like to make internal layer pad
150. Just for more internal routing room. If mounting hole get tighter
too hard is there a chance the internal trace could break? I'll probably
make 200 mil pad but i was just wondering if anyone has had problems
doing this.

Thanks
Sam

notify Allied Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesis Labs.