[PCB_FORUM] Re: Suppressed Pads Mystery

  • From: Daniel So <danielso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:43:51 +0000

David

The only way I was able to get the un-connected pads to suppress is to check on
the "Dynamic unused pads suppression" and "Display padless holes" option.
However the dynamic shape follows around the drill only. We want the shape to
follow the pads as if they were there. So this will not do.

I think I will need to file a bug with Cadence and Valor and see who will admit
that it is a bug to them. If I edit the padstack to where there is no offset, I
have no issue. So I know Jean is right. This should be working correctly
whether the padstack has an offset or not.

Daniel