[PCB_FORUM] Re: SKILL forms - password fields

  • From: "Kulik, Andreas" <akulik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:52:03 -0500

This is what I was afraid of. Well I think the form callback function
fires whenever you enter a character. I have to test that to see if this
is the case
If this is true, then you could grab the input fromt he form field and
append it to a string or list and replace the current entry with a *
character. You would have to account for leading * chars on each go
around. this might work. Sounds complicated but it isn't really.

Now that I am thinking about tis a bit more, the other way of doing this
might be to write a quick app that provides the login UI in VB, Tcl/Tk
or Java and launch it via IPCSKILL.

Hmmmm ....

Andreas Kulik
Senior Applications Engineer