[PCB_FORUM] Re: Relative delay and differential pairs...

  • From: "Gerry Meier" <gerry.meier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:34:25 -0800

Then Go for it

 Gerry Meier
Sr. PCB Designer
Freedom CAD Services, Inc.
Voice: (603) 864-1300 x1350
Alt. Voice: (386) 753-0048
Email: gerry.meier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
visit our website at<http://www.freedomcad.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Franklin [mailto:austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 8:03 AM
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Relative delay and differential pairs...

Hi Gerry,

> It's so easy to put both in the match group why bother not too.

Sure, but if it isn't needed, why do it?  I'd prefer to not have
multiple constraints that aren't needed.

> If you only apply it to one which one?

It shouldn't matter.

> Is the same net always going to
> be the shortest in the pair? Etc?

The other phase of the signal will follow it's "mate" with the phase
tolerance constraint, so I don't see how that would matter.  Do you have
an example in mind of what you believe is a potential problem with only
specifying one phase?

Regards,

Austin

//www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum or go to