[PCB_FORUM] Re: Planes be POSITIVE or NEGATIVE

  • From: "Jean Bratton" <jean.bratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:03:19 -0700

I'm surprised to not see any feedback on this at all! My take is this

External layers or any layer that's mixed wiring/plane you need to use
positive shapes. Dynamic is best as you don't have to update each time
you change something in that area.

Inner layers that are fully plane (may be multiple planes, just no
traces) are best done with negative planes. Allegro database and output
data files are smaller.