[PCB_FORUM] Re: How to pass BOM_IGNORE property from Concept to Allegro?

  • From: Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:52:40 -0500

Hi Gary,
It does get removed from the BOM, but I want to seach the board file to locate all parts with this property to mark them on the assembly drawing.

Mark

Macindoe, Gary wrote:

Mark,

So could it just be a write permission thing?  Here the DE puts the
required property to not populate a comp on the schematic symbol, then
the BOM is generated from the schematics.  The comp wants a physical
symbol on the PCB in case a different version of the BOM will populate
the comp.  Therefore it doesn't matter to me (or Allegro) which comps
may have the no populate property.

Good luck with it!

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer