[PCB_FORUM] How to deal with NC pins on footprint in Allegro Design Entry HDL schematic symbol...

  • From: "allegrolist@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <allegrolist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:58:36 -0400

Hi,

I have a 14 pin connector that has 16 pins in the footprint.  Two of the
pins are not electrical, and are for mounting holes.

In DxD I would just set these as no-connect pins in the schematic symbol,
so that the number of pins on the schematic symbol matched the number of
pins on the PCB footprint.  They were not visible, and done as attributes.

How can I do this with Allegro Design Entry?

Version is 15.7.

Thanks!

Austin