[PCB_FORUM] Re: Dear Cadence

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:50:18 -0400

OOOhhhh. Nice. What is the form called, if you don't mind.
I know you did the research but help a fellow out, please.
Or maybe a bunch of fellows even.
I used to do this back in the olden days, too but
haven't bothered lately. Time to warm up the old
brain cells again, I guess.

Kevin

Douglas Stanley wrote:
OK, I haven't tried this, but if you can find it, there's no reason why it
shouldn't work.

I have, on occasion, found the need to modify Allegro's default popups. For
example, the Artwork Control Form leaves a little bit to be desired. I found
the form definition file in the Cadence tree and modified the file to change
the size of the artwork window (see attachments).

A cursory search did not find the form that has the three tabs, but I'm
thinking it is a form since it behaves just like one when it's detached.
However, it might be embedded in the software and not accesible to us. If
you can find it, there's no reason why you couldn't rewrite it to be larger
and tabless. This is especially easy to do if you are familiar with creating
forms in Skill.

Douglas G. Stanley
Broadcom Corporation - www.broadcom.com
(949) 926-5889 - voice
dstanley@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.