[PCB_FORUM] Constraints being deleted upon net in.

  • From: "Daniel So" <danielso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:37:44 -0800

Hi all

We use Concept for out schematics and Allegro for PCB but we create and
maintain all constraints in Allegro. Every so often during netin, the
voltage property will get deleted also all properties that were
associated to those same nets would be deleted also. All other nets that
have constraints and properties would be untouched. I looked on
Sourcelink for any possible solution and found this solution below. But
this does not explain why it is inconsistent and why this does not
delete different properties off other nets also.

Has anybody else experienced this? This is happening on rel 15.2. I have
also tried this on rel 15.5.1 and it still happens.

Daniel

Solution # 11189396: Repackaging design will remove voltage property in
Allegro.

Cadence Customer Support Solution

Error message:

None

Problem statement:

I have the following voltage property values on the following nets in
Allegro.

VOLTAGE '0 V'; 'FRMGND' 'GND'

VOLTAGE '3.3 V'; 'P3_3V'

VOLTAGE '1.5 V'; 'CPU_1_5V'

VOLTAGE '12 V'; 'P12V'

When I repackage the design, the voltage property is removed from these
nets.

Solution:

In this instance the VOLTAGE property has an origin of schematic even
though it does

not appear to exist in the schematic.

This means when netrev processes the pst files, if it does not see the
VOLTAGE property

in the pstxnet.dat file it will delete them and report it in the eco.txt
file as

follows:

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------|

| NET PROPERTIES deleted from board drawing

|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - -

|     net  name   |   property      |
value

|- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - |

 CPU_1_5V                            VOLTAGE 1.5 V

 FRMGND                                             VOLTAGE 0 V

  GND                                     VOLTAGE 0 V

 P12V                                      VOLTAGE 12 V

  P3_3V                                   VOLTAGE 3.3 V

To resolve this in Allegro, you can:

1. Re-enter the values on the Identify DC Nets form.

2. Re-enter the values in the Net/Physical worksheet in Constraint
Manager.

3. Delete the voltage property and import the values using third party
netlist.

Example:

$NETS

$A_PROPERTIES

VOLTAGE '0 V'; 'FRMGND' 'GND'

VOLTAGE '3.3 V'; 'P3_3V'

VOLTAGE '1.5 V'; 'CPU_1_5V'

VOLTAGE '12 V'; 'P12V'

$END

Once the values have been re-entered in Allegro, repackaging will retain
the VOLTAGE

value.

GIF image