[PCB_FORUM] Re: Concept HDL-generation of chips.prt file

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:09:32 -0400

Following this thread it seems to me that all
of your questions have now been answered.
Do you agree?

Kevin

Jim Clymore wrote:
Hi Anshul,

Export Physical generates the netlist files for Allegro. If a chips.prt file is not available the Export
command will fail.

You cannot generate a chips.prt automatically without Part Developer. Once you modify a symbol
manually you have to modify the chips.prt file manually.

(P.S. I worked for Cadence in the Educational Services Group. Part Developer and ConceptHDL
Front-to-Back were my courses :-)

Anshul Bansal wrote:

Thank you all for the help.

Kevin: I created the chips.prt files manually. I had the symbols (.sym) file
that I had created. And then I changed a .prt file similar to what I wanted.
But I wanted to ask you, doesn't ConceptHDL has the option to create the
chips.prt file. If not, then what does the "Export Physical" option do. Can
you let me know about that.

Shirley: I can create the symbol without using Part Developer. ConceptHDL
tool allows us to do that. But I am still trying to figure out how to create
the chips.prt file thru the tool rather than making it manually. Will let
you know if I come to know of anything.

Everyone Thanks again for the help.

Anshul

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

SUBSCRIBE: icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx
POST: icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.